20th Conference on Alternative Economic Policy in Europe
from 25-27 September 2014, organised by the EuroMemo Group and jointly hosted with Economia Civile, in Rome at the Sapienza University (Department of Statistics)
What future for the European Union - Stagnation and polarisation or new foundations?
The EuroMemo Group conference 2014 was jointly hosted with Economia Civile and held in Rome at the Sapienza University, from 25-27 September 2014 (Thursday-Saturday). The programme was as follows:
Thursday afternoon: The state of the Union
- Alessandro Roncaglia (Sapienza University and Economia Civile): Opening & welcome
- Susan Watkins (New Left Review): The political state of the Union
- Marcello de Cecco (LUISS University, Rome): The economic state of the Union
Friday morning: The second day will be dedicated to key themes of EU policy within six different workshops.
Friday afternoon: Plenary on policy proposals from workshops and special plenary 'Europe in the 21st century world'
- Gian Paolo Calchi Novati (Italian Institute for International Political Studies): The EU and the Mediterranean basin
- Joachim Becker (Vienna University of Economics): The EU and its Eastern Neighbours
- Kees Van Der Pijl (University of Sussex): The EU and the United States
Saturday morning: Planning meeting: EuroMemorandum 2015 and other activities